A couple from Iowa who got married Saturday remain grateful for two Chicago police officers who found the bride's wedding dress.
Officers John McKenna and Paul Sandoval pulled over a vehicle on the west side early Saturday morning on suspicion it was stolen.
It was, and in the trunk of the car was a wedding dress.
The officers tracked down the owners and received permission to personally deliver the car and the dress back to them in time for the wedding.
"They didn't care about their belongings. There was other stuff missing from the vehicle, but as soon as she saw the wedding dress she was ecstatic, so it was a nice feeling. It was a nice end to a good story," said Sandoval.
The officers arrested the man driving the stolen car and discovered that he's a career criminal from the near west side.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- NBC: Pakistan says US drones in its air space will be shot down
- Romney and Gingrich spar early at GOP debate
- 2011's weather disasters rack up $12 billion bill
- Giant Eurobank accused of gouging US consumers
- Friend: Va. Tech shooter had visited gun range
- Cops raid Occupy San Francisco at Federal Reserve