A 9-year-old girl with autism shot and killed her brother, police in Little Rock, Ark., said, adding that she initially claimed two men had done it.
Zeus Diviaio, 7, was shot in the chest in an apartment bedroom on Monday, NBC affiliate KARK TV reported.
The children's father described the girl as having "high functioning autism," the police report stated.
The father noted that the apartment door had been locked when he and his wife left briefly and that the daughter had a history of inventing stories, KARK stated.
Blood was found in another bedroom where the father kept guns in a case, and there was no sign of forced entry.
Prosecutors have yet to determine whether any charges will be filed.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News
- Study: Thousands face drinking water pollution risk
- 15 inches of rain floods Louisiana homes, roads
- Strip club donation saves Little League season
- Warm weather records falling across Northeast, Midwest
- Afghan massacre: Chain-of-command failure