A Philadelphia man was fatally shot and then accidentally run over Thursday night during the filming of an amateur rap video. WCAU-TV's Byron Scott reports.
A man was shot and killed then accidentally run over Thursday night during the filming of an amateur rap video, according to Philadelphia police.
The shooting happened as cameras rolled around 7 p.m. at N 5th and Tabor Streets in the Olney section of Philadelphia. There were about 100 people at the filming of the video, according to police.
A 33-year-old man was hit in the head and later pronounced dead at the hospital.
"He collapsed on the street in the 500 block of Tabor and during all the confusion he was run over by a vehicle trying to get out of the area after hearing the gunshots," said Chief Inspector Scott Small.
Police say the driver won’t be charged.
"We immediately watched the video... and we were able to determine the description of the shooter who was seen clearly on the tape," Small said.
Police don't know what prompted the gunfire.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Principal's decree: This is a 'no hugging school'
- Red Tape: Credit bureaus upsell ID theft victims
- 'Hell no, we won't glow,' nuclear protesters chant
- Trayvon Martin's death: Young, black and wearing a hoodie
- Cat plunges 19 stories from high-rise, and walks away