A Florida man will likely get two years in prison after pleading guilty to killing three bunnies by twisting them with his hands.
Reginald Owen Sear Jr., 35, of Winter Haven, pleaded guilty on Friday to three counts of cruelty to an animal, two counts of child abuse and one count of domestic battery, The Ledger of Lakeland, Fla., reported.
Sear killed the bunnies during a May 24 argument with his wife over who would wake up to feed the animals, according to police reports cited by The Ledger.
He took the bunnies into the bathroom and twisted them to death with his hands. The couple’s children didn’t witness the killing but one child reported seeing Sear emerge from the bathroom with blood on his face, according to the newspaper.
Under a plea deal, Sear is expected to receive about two years in prison and five years' probation when he is sentenced April 11 by Circuit Judge Ellen S. Masters.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Three lucky tickets sold for record Mega Millions jackpot
- If you won the Mega Millions lottery, what's your first act?
- MasterCard, Visa confirm major card data theft
- Sanford mayor: Police resisted release of 911 tapes
- Lights on or off? Earth Hour faces new challenger