A 15-year-old girl was shot multiple times while she slept in her bed in Miami early Saturday, Miami-Dade Police said, according to an NBC Miami report.
There were no eyewitnesses to the shooting, but neighbors overheard the gunshots.
The shooter appeared to have approached the house and opened fire, authorities said.
The girl was rushed to Ryder Trauma Center with injuries. No one else in the house was hurt.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- 'Very fortunate': Nobody reported missing after Navy jet crash
- Cops: Dad dies after shielding son, 8, from bullets
- Mega Millions winner in Kansas comes forward
- Gun used in Oikos University shooting found, Oakland police say
- Are these questionable charges on your credit card? A good list to check
- Trayvon Martin shooting: Website to raise funds for Zimmerman