Parents protest after Boy Scout leaders say former Tiger Scout leader Jennifer Tyrrell's membership was revoked because she's openly gay. WTOV's Ryan Eldredge reports.
A gay woman who was tossed out as a Cub Scout leader is getting support from other parents.
Jennifer Tyrrell says she was the den leader for Pack 109's Tiger Scouts in Bridgeport, Ohio, for a year before her orientation became an issue.
The Boy Scouts of America has a strict policy when it comes to sexual orientation and membership. "We do not grant membership to individuals who are opened or avowed homosexuals," Bob Drury, the Scouts' executive for the Ohio River Valley, told NBC station WTOV.
But parent Rob Donn said Tyrrell's sexual orientation "was never an issue."
Get more on the story in the video above.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- NC judge overturns death penalty due to race
- Zimmerman sorry for shooting Trayvon; bail set at $150,000
- Car parts made out of cash? Ford testing them
- Gingrich says he's committed to having 'unified' party
- Feds put an end to 'free gas for life' offer