This doesn't match the sheer grandeur of the recent record lottery jackpot, but a Mega Millions ticket sold at a Chicago-area gas station has dropped $118 million into someone's lap.
The Illinois Lottery said the winning ticket in Friday night's Mega Millions drawing was sold at a Citgo station in Glenwood, The Associated Press reports.
The winning numbers were: 04, 11, 21, 42 and 53. The Mega Ball number was 38.
While $118 million is a lot of money, it's a far cry from the record $656 million split by three winning tickets in the Mega Millions lottery on March 30.
A couple from Illinois are the only winners of that drawing to come forward. The other two winning tickets for the jackpot – believed to be the largest lottery prize ever -- were sold in Kansas and Maryland. Those ticket-holders have chosen to remain anonymous, though the Maryland winners have been identified by the Maryland Lottery as three public school employees.
Some more reading on recent lottery wins:
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- US claims 'unprecedented' success in test for new fuel source
- Medical marijuana bill gets OK in Connecticut
- Alleged Sept. 11 planners disrupt arraignment at Guantanamo hearing
- Video: Obama launces 2012 reelection campaign
- Five-story brownstone collapses in NYC's Harlem