Discuss as:

Florida woman who was set on fire now hit with fees to have cars towed from gas station

NBC Miami

Naomie Breton, back at her Lantana, Fla., homes talks about her ordeal of being set ablaze.

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A woman who was set on fire at a gas station says she's being victimized again, this time by hundreds of dollars in car towing fees levied by the state of Florida.

Naomie Breton, 34, has to pay $340 for having her car towed from the gas station where police say the father of her son set her on fire Monday, television station WPBF of Palm Beach, Fla., reported.

"I think it's a disgrace," Breton told WPBF. "It's not like I had a choice of where my car went to. I was on fire. So therefore, my car is here now and I have to pay you to get what's mine back? That's not right."

Adding insult to injury, Breton also is on the hook for the $363 towing bill -- plus the $25-a-day late fee -- owed by the man accused of attacking her, Roosevelt Mondesir, WPBF reported.

Both his and her names are on the car. Mondesir, 52, is behind bars at the Palm Beach County Jail, being held without bail on a charge of attempted first-degree murder.

Boynton Beach police said they responded to a 7-Eleven at 7088 Lawrence Road and found Breton with severe burns to her face and body, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by NBCMiami.com. Parts of her shirt were still on fire on the ground, it said.

Store surveillance video showed the woman running into the convenience store, screaming as she tried to shut the front door. She could be heard telling a man to leave her alone, and then a man pulls her out of the store. Moments later she ran by outside ablaze.

Breton had driven to the gas station in her Mercedes to meet Mondesir for their "time-sharing exchange" of their 4-year-old son, for whom they share custody, the affidavit said.  As she waited at the gas pumps in her car, Mondesir arrived in a Jaguar and Breton realized her son was not in the car, the affidavit said. She wanted to get back in her car to leave, but he got out of his car with a red gas can and began dousing her body and car with gasoline, according to the report.

Breton was burned over 12 percent of her body and was released Tuesday from Delray Medical Center. Breton told the Palm Beach Post from her Lantana, Fla., home that she wouldn't have been attacked if Palm Beach County Judge Thomas Barkdyll had granted her a restraining order in late May.

“They said there wasn’t enough physical evidence,” the single mother of three told the Post.

She told the Post that she and Mondesir had been together for eight years but that he became verbally abusive and violent after she did not give him a definite answer to a Valentine’s Day marriage proposal.

More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:

Follow US News on msnbc.com on Twitter and Facebook