A Florida teenager who was shot in the head during a game of Russian Roulette has died.
Thorin R. Montgomery, 17, was pronounced deceased early Sunday at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said.
According to detectives, Montgomery and three of his friends were involved in an apparent game of Russian Roulette at Montgomery’s home on Friday night. Montgomery was the first to have a turn at the game when the .38-caliber revolver discharged and a bullet struck him in the head, the sheriff’s office said.
Montgomery was transported by air to Bayfront Medical Center in critical condition.
An autopsy is pending.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Report: Homeless man scammed luxury hotel stays at others' expense
- Texas student mauled by chimps undergoes 6 hours of surgery
- 3 Boy Scouts, scoutmaster killed in head-on Wyoming crash
- Rodney King remembered as 'symbol of forgiveness'
- Video: Caught on tape: Adults behaving badly