Road rage is suspected in a crash on New Jersey's Garden State Parkway that left a woman dead.
Authorities have charged 27-year-old Thomas Vanderweit of Saddle Brook and 20-year-old John Emili with vehicular homicide and other motor vehicle violations.
State Police spokesman Trooper Christopher Kay said Emili lost control as he tried to pass Vanderweit's vehicle on the right in the exit lane in Bergen County Sunday.
The vehicle overturned and struck Vanderweit's vehicle.
A woman sitting in the back of Emili's vehicle was ejected and killed. Her name has not been released.
Witnesses told state troopers the men had been tailgating and making numerous lane changes.
More content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Thousands of veterans failing in new battlefield: college
- Military plane crashes while battling South Dakota wildfire
- Video: Wildfire evacuees return to charred homes
- Chicago gun buyback raises money for NRA kids camp
- Report: Homeless man scammed luxury hotel stays at others' expense