Pennsylvania State Police via AP
Three people were shot dead Friday night in rural Pennsylvania, state police said Saturday, and the suspect was later arrested after fleeing with his four-year-old daughter. One of the dead reportedly was the child's mother.
Kevin Cleeves, 35, was under arrest and his daughter was safe in police custody, NBC affiliate WGAL TV reported.
During the search for Cleeves, police also initiated an Amber Alert for the child.
The shootings happened in Quincy Township and Cleeves was arrested some 250 miles away in Austintown, Ohio.
Police said Cleeves had argued with the victims Friday night when he went to pick up his daughter from his wife, the Record Herald of Waynesboro, Pa., reported.
The dead were identified as Brandi Cleeves, Vincent Santucci and Rosemary Holma, the Record Herald stated.
Austintown, Ohio, Police Chief Bob Gavalier talks about the arrest.
The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., reported the court documents indicate Brandi Cleeves was the child's mother and Cleeves' wife.
Austintown Police Chief Bob Gavalier said it was his understanding that the Cleeves were separated, and that Santucci was Brandi Cleeves' boyfriend and that Holma was his mother.
More details were expected to be released later Saturday.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Jesse Jackson Jr. being evaluated for depression at Mayo Clinic
- Bullied NY bus monitor Karen Klein calling it quits
- Idaho billboard compares Obama to Colorado shooting suspect
- Aurora suspect was seeing psychiatrist, lawyers confirm
- Video: Mourning at first funerals of movie theater victims
- Maryland man arrested with dozens of weapons, says he's Joker