Miami-Dade Corrections / NBCMiami.com
Suspect David Weber.
A homeless man broke into a car in Miami Beach, stole a credit card belonging to a bartender and tried to use it to buy a beer from the victim, police said.
Miami Beach Police said David Weber, 53, walked into the Clevelander Bar on Ocean Drive in South Beach on Monday and handed Bradley Fuller a credit card, which Fuller determined was his own. He asked Weber what his name was and he said "Bradley Fuller," according to the offense incident report.
At the time, Fuller didn't know that his car had been burglarized in a nearby parking lot, authorities said.
Weber told authorities that he had "found the credit card on 11th Street and Ocean Drive in the street," the arrest affidavit said.
Weber faces charges including credit card fraud and theft. He remained in the Miami-Dade County Jail Wednesday on $1,500 bond, online records show. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
More news from NBCMiami.com:
- Armed Carjacker Steals Woman's Purse, Money: Cops
- Former Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush Working on Immigration Book
- Clandestine Dental Office Found in Little Havana: Police
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Video: Ambassador Stevens remembered in wake of attack
- That Southern Calif. smell? 'Solid evidence' it came from Salton Sea
- Storms flood parts of Vegas, Navajo land, Calif. desert communities
- Drew Peterson fires one of his defense attorneys
- Chicago teachers union: Don't hold breath for deal
- Six percent of pursuit suspects escape California police