A 34-year-old Florida woman apparently killed her two children in their house and then committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said Saturday.
Deputies responded to a house in unincorporated Clearwater, west of Tampa, shortly after 2 a.m. after receiving a call for help. They discovered Dawn Brown and her two children, ages 5 and 9, dead in the house.
It’s believed that Brown killed her two children and then hanged herself with an electrical cord from a bedroom ceiling fan, the sheriff’s office said.
No details were revealed on how the children were killed. Their cause of death will be released after an autopsy, the sheriff’s office said.
Authorities did not give a possible motive for the killings.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- For first time, gay marriage may win statewide vote
- Cops: Shoplifter kills Wal-Mart security employee, then self
- Three Aurora shooting victims suing Cinemark' theater to reopen in 2013
- From sports shoes to bomb shields: the odd detour of a key US military material
- Pennsylvania couple charged with selling neighbor's dog on Craigslist
- Video: Bronx Zoo: Tiger did not bite to kill in attack