View more videos at: http://nbcnewyork.com.
Police are looking for a pair of armed robbers behind a brazen jewelry store heist in midtown Manhattan.
Two well-dressed armed men walked into Madison Jewelers at 400 Madison Ave. Friday afternoon and asked to see some watches.
"A gentleman came in, looking at some Rolex watches," store owner Joseph Krady told NBC 4 New York. "When I asked him, 'Which one would you like to take?' he pulled out a gun and said, 'I'm gonna take them all'."
The gunman had an accomplice, and the two took all the watches from the window display and some jewelry.
After Krady did all he was instructed to do, the robbers pepper-sprayed him before fleeing.
"I couldn't see anything," he said. "It was the most painful thing."
"I always feel very safe in the shop, it's a wide open area," said Krady. "It's busy, there's people around. You don't think anything like this could happen to you."
More content from NBCNews.com:
- 'Smiles': New street drug tied to 'Sons of Anarchy' death
- Wolf pack that killed cattle taken out by sharpshooters
- World War II bombs in Gulf of Mexico need to be checked, experts warn
- Video: Cheerleaders raise special-needs girls' spirits
- Lawsuit: Pentagon denied rape victims their constitutional rights
- US immigration chief: Same-sex ties are family ties
- A country song about PTSD: 'All you've got left are these pieces'