Police say surveillance video shows a 10-year-old boy driving a stolen van into several parked cars on Philadelphia street. WCAU's Katy Zachry reports.
PHILADELPHIA -- A 10-year-old boy who swiped a van and then crashed it into five parked cars in West Philadelphia is expected to be charged with auto theft, police say.
Authorities say the boy made it less than a block after stealing a 2001 white van while the driver was unloading furniture about 12:57 p.m. Sunday, NBCPhildelphia.com reported.
Investigators say the boy grabbed the keys from the rear door and jumped in the driver's seat. The brief joyride ended when the van crashed into the rear of a fifth parked car.
No one was hurt, according to investigators.
Witnesses detained the boy until police arrived.
The boy's name wasn't released. Police say he'll be charged as a juvenile.
NBCPhiladelphia.com's David Chang contributed to this report.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- California becomes first state in nation to bay 'gay cure' therapy for children
- 2 killed, 1 wounded in biker shooting at VFW lodge shooting
- Family demands answers in fatal shooting of woman by Border Patrol agent
- LA drivers steer clear of 'Carmageddon' freeway closure
- Wild horses sold by US later ending up at slaughterhouses?
- Video: Soldier surprised with message from military father