A man fatally shot his ex-girlfriend and their 3-year-old son and wounded three others at a northwest Ohio apartment complex before being shot to death by police, authorities said.
The shootings stemmed from a domestic dispute Tuesday night at the Eastpointe on the Mall apartment complex in Lake Township, the Toledo Blade reported.
Police said Jorge Duran Jr. 24, of Toledo, shot five people in two apartments before going outside. He was confronted by officers and was killed in an exchange of gunfire, Lake Township police said Wednesday, according to The Associated Press.
Killed at the apartments were his ex-girlfriend, Amber Jones, 26, and their 3-year-old son, Jorge Duran III, The Toledo Blade reported. A 39-year-old man, a 26-year-old man and a 45-year-old woman were also shot but survived, the newspaper said.
Police did not release the names or any other information about the survivors.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Plot to attack Federal Reserve in NYC alleged
- Stray anti-military vibes reverberate as thousands of vets head to college
- Bugs invade Utah town, covering kids, dogs and food
- Video: Family, friends remember Jessica Ridgeway at memorial
- Five bodies found at scene of Denver bar fire