PHILADELPHIA -- A would-be robber was hospitalized after a Good Samaritan stabbed the teen as he targeted a man in a wheelchair, according to investigators.
Police say three youths attempted to rob the 49-year-old victim at the intersection of 29th Street and Dauphin Street at 5:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday.
As they attacked, a Good Samaritan intervened, police said.
The 15-year-old suspect was stabbed in the chest while the two other suspects fled. The injured teen was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
Police were still searching for the two other teen suspects late Tuesday.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Americans tied to Israel caught in the chaos of Gaza conflict
- Suburban NYC mom sentenced in Manhattan prostitution case
- FBI raids Detroit Public Library main offices
- 13-year-old girl fatally shot on Florida school bus
- Beverly Hills attorney accused of squatting in home, trashing it
- Video: Real-life 'sleeping beauty' slept 64 days in a row