"I hope and pray that church will give him his lord and savior, and make a difference in his life," said Oklahoma judge Mike Norman, who sentenced a teen to 10 years of church as part of his probation for a conviction of manslaughter. NBC's Thanh Truong reports.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- One of FBI's 10 most-wanted fugitives captured in Mexico
- Puerto Rico a backdoor to US mainland for drug cartels
- Path to an American pope? Cardinal's elevation gives US clout at Vatican
- Love amid the ruins: Sandy decimates community, but wedding goes on
- NYC lifting gas rationing as supplies return to normal after Sandy
- Lawyer: Suspect in Brooklyn shopkeeper slayings may have 'mental health issues'
- Early wake-up call as NJ earthquake rattles homes