La Plata County Sheriff's Office
Members of the New Mexico State Police Search & Recovery Team scour Colorado's Vallecito Lake on Monday for any clues in the disappearance of Dylan Redwine.
The search for a 13-year-old Colorado boy who went missing last Monday during a court-ordered visit with his father has been suspended, according to authorities.
The La Plata County Sheriff's Office announced it was suspending its search for Dylan Redwine after a two-day sweep of a lake near his father's house yielded no clues, officials said. The investigation into the teen's disappearance will continue.
Dylan was reported missing on Nov. 19 by his father, Mark Redwine, who said he left the house in Vallecito, La Plata County, about 7:30 a.m. and returned several hours later to find his son gone.
"After 8 days of searching in Vallecito, all areas have been covered by ground, by air, by water," La Plata County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender told NBC News on Tuesday by email.
The boy had been visiting from Colorado Springs, where he moved with his mother and brother over the summer, NBC station KUSA of Denver reported.
La Plata County Search and Rescue K-9s flagged an area on the southern end of Vallecito Lake on Saturday and again on Sunday, prompting scuba divers from the New Mexico State Police to search the area. But the lake search ended "after extensive sonar sweeps found nothing," according to a press release from the sheriff's office.
No further dives of the lake bottom or field searches are planned unless there are new leads, police said.
Dylan is 5 feet tall and 105 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes, according to authorities. He may be carrying a black backpack.
"Every time someone sees a young male child with light hair or with a black backpack, we're getting calls," Bender said Monday, adding that the lake search was "devastating" for the family.
The Redwine family told NBC affiliate KUSA they are still holding out hope Dylan is alive.
"It's been killing me. It's been hard for our whole entire family," Cory Redwine, Dylan's 21-year-old brother, said Monday. "He was my hero just as much as I was his."
While the Redwine family doesn't believe Dylan ran away, La Plata Sheriff Duke Schirard told KUSA, "The fact that he may have run away is our hope. Because at the other end of the continuum would be foul play or he could have been abducted by someone."
As the hunt for a missing 13-year-old boy enters a second week, dive teams search a lake for clues. KUSA's Kevin Torres reports.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Woman denies murder to avenge husband's death
- Columbine survivor turns to Occupy LA to battle foreclosure
- 'They didn't seem afraid': Wild coyotes pay visit to Chicago's Wrigley Field
- Top 10 fugitive went to extremes to evade capture in Mexico
- Powerball jackpot to hit at least $425 million on Wednesday
- Autopsy: Cockroach-eating contest winner choked to death
- Video: UPS ‘boot camp’ preps workers for the holidays