A Delaware man was in custody on Monday after stabbing his elderly parents, police said.
The incident occurred Sunday at around 9 a.m. at a home in Greenwood, Del. where the suspect and his parents live, police said.
Ricky Brewington, 51, allegedly used a butcher knife to stab his 80-year-old mother and 82-year-old father in the kitchen of their home. Investigators said the victims then drove to a local fire department for medical care, while Brewington called 911 to report the incident.
A police officer arrived at the home and took Brewington into custody without incident. His parents were taken from the fire station to Nanticoke Hospital where they were both in stable condition.
Brewington was charged with attempted murder and possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony. He was committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $150,000 cash bail.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Storm pounds Upper Midwest with heavy snow, wind
- Cops: 2 University of Colorado students fed pot brownies to classmates, professor
- 3 dead, 4 hurt in Central California shootings, chase
- Cyber-graciousness: Students set up Facebook sites for compliments
- On gay marriage, Supreme Court could rule small, or big
- Video: Officers suspect high speed, alcohol in deadly NFL crash