A 5-year-old Philadelphia girl shot herself while playing with a gun Tuesday night, according to police.
The girl was home in the Kensington neighborhood with her two siblings and her father when the gun went off -- hitting her in the big toe, police said.
The girl's father rushed her to St. Christopher's Hospital with what police called minor injuries.
It's unclear how the girl got a hold of her father's gun and if her siblings were also playing with it.
The investigation would continue into Wednesday. Police said the girl's father owns the gun because he works in private security.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Oregon shopping mall gunman identified; motive unclear
- Girl, 15, shot in Oregon mall cheats death twice
- 'Unique' smuggling attempt: $42,500-worth of marijuana shot into Ariz. by cannon
- Much-criticized 'drum major' quote on Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial to be removed
- Video: Driver ticketed for truck covered in Christmas lights