Suffolk County Police Department / AP
Clarence Newcomb, 25, was arrested early Friday after telling police that he killed his 82-year-old grandmother.
A 25-year-old New York man was arrested Friday after he told police that he killed his grandmother following a debate over what to watch on TV.
Clarence Newcomb, 25, called 911 at 4:35 a.m. Friday. Arriving at the home in Kings Park, on Long Island, where the two have lived for years, police found 82-year-old Kathleen Newcomb lying dead in the living room.
Clarence Newcomb told police that he physically assaulted her and did not use a weapon.
He has lived with his grandmother since he was 3, according to a police spokesman. There was no history of domestic violence, the spokesman said.
As for the shows that sparked the argument, police don’t know.
Clarence Newcomb was supposed to be charged by the district attorney on Friday, although that was delayed when he was sent to the hospital with several health concerns, according to the police spokesman.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- Police: 4 dead, including gunman, in Aurora, Colo., hostage situation
- Tattoo photos lead to woman's arrest in global child porn investigation
- What Supreme Court? Gay marriage battles rage in the states
- Large earthquake strikes off Alaska coast, prompting tsunami warnings
- 'We've lost respect for life': Detroit records deadliest year in decades
- Video: Warehouses full of criminal evidence lost to Sandy