The military’s tuition assistance program will not be suspended after all.
The Department of Defense will pay for the program for all four military branches, George Little, the Pentagon’s press secretary, said Wednesday.
Citing budget constraints, the Army, Marine Corps and Air Force announced earlier this month that they would suspend paying new claims. The recently passed continuing resolution, however, prevents DoD from eliminating the funding.
The Pentagon will comply with the law and maintain the same level of funding that each service was providing before the suspensions, Little said.