Discuss as:

Women mistakenly wounded in California manhunt to get $4.2M in settlement

View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.

The city of Los Angeles will pay $4.2 million to the two women injured when police mistakenly opened fire on their truck during the February manhunt for a disgruntled ex-LAPD police officer who killed four people in a rampage that paralyzed Southern California.

LA City Attorney Carmen Trutanich confirmed Tuesday to NBC4 that a deal has been reached with Margie Carranza and her mother, Emma Hernandez.

"The deal is relatively a very simple, very clean deal. It's a win-win for both parties," Trutanich said. "It closes this chapter in Los Angeles and LAPD history on all issues."

The $4.2 million will be split between the two women "any way they want," Trutanich said.

The shooting occurred Feb. 7 during a manhunt for Christopher Dorner. Earlier in the day, two Riverside, Calif., officers were ambushed in their police car, and authorities were on the hunt for Dorner and his Nissan Titan pickup truck.

At about 5 a.m., as the women were delivering newspapers in their Toyota Tacoma pickup in city of Torrance, police encountered them and opened fire.

Hernandez, 71, was shot twice in the back, and Carranza, 47, was injured by broken glass.

The search for Dorner ended Feb. 12 with a shootout and standoff in the Big Bear area.

Dorner was holed up in a cabin surrounded by authorities when a police tear gas canister shot into the residence started a fire. Dorner then shot and killed himself, according to deputies.