Discuss as:

Nevada children allegedly abducted by parents found safe in California, police say

An Amber Alert issued for two young children believed to be “in danger of serious harm from their parents” was deactivated Saturday when the kids were recovered safely in Sacramento, Calif., authorities said.

Amber Alert

Amber Schenck and Martin Angel Rosales, aged three

Lilliana Ramirez, 9, and Martin Angel Rosales, 3, were allegedly abducted by their non-custodial parents from Elko, Nev., on Wednesday, and taken to the Sacramento area, where police located them with their mother at 2 a.m. Saturday, said Elko Police Capt. Will Lehmann.

The parents were identified as Martin Cisneras Rosales, 34, and Amber Schenck, who is about 30, according to the alert.

The children, who were in the custody of child welfare services at the time of the alleged kidnapping, will be transported back to Nevada, according to police. Child Protective Services is set to resume custody of the kids.

Authorities are working to determine whether criminal charges should be filed against Schenck, according to police.

Amber Alert

Lilliana Ramirez

Investigators continued to search for Rosales, the biological father of the 3-year-old boy, who is said to have “violent tendencies when dealing with police,” according to the Amber Alert.

“A restraining order was issued in July to keep him away from his son as well as a court order stating the children are in danger of serious harm from their parents,” the alert said.

County prosecutors may charge the elder Rosales with violating his restraining order, Lehmann said.

The elder Rosales may be driving a dark blue late 1980s or early 1990s Ford Mustang “with possible Nebraska license plates or a temporary plate,” the alert said.

Amber Alert

Martin Cisneras Rosales

The Amber Alert covered a wide swath of California, from the capital of Sacramento to the U.S. border with Mexico, where police believe the parents planned to take the children.

The alert followed the alleged kidnapping of San Diego teenager Hannah Anderson, who was rescued last Saturday after a dramatic week-long search.